Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Miracles EVERYWHERE!

It has been SUCH A BLESSED WEEK, everyone! I'm SO GRATEFUL.
Before I begin- Transfer calls were last night, so here is my address! You can now send me mail here for the next 7 weeks!

Sister Sofia Larson
1100 Oaktree Ave. Apt. M1
Norman, OK 73072

Alright, now, lets get into the week! :D
Monday- WHAT A GREAT P-DAY. After P-day activities, (including getting hit in the face with a basketball. Why is it that the one time I wore my glasses to play sports, that's the time I get hit in the face?) we had dinner with the Zimmermans! I love them. They're so funny and happy. Sister Zimmerman is incredibly spunky and down to earth and I just love her. We had chili and cornbread, which is by far the most common meal that we have down here, but I loved it. :) After dinner SisZim came with us to a lesson with the Jingozians. AND WE COMMITTED CHRIS TO BAPTISM. I AM SO SO SO EXCITED. WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Tuesday- We had a doctor's appointment in the city (OKC) and they took my blood! They had to poke me a bunch of times to get it. After our doctor's appointment we had an appointment with LD. HE IS SO SOLID. He wants everything the gospel gives and he even asked to come to church. He's awesome. Afterwards we went to check on a few more people but got lost in a trailer park and couldn't find our way out to save our lives. It was ridiculous. We went to the Thacker's and helped them decorate their Christmas Tree and it was awesome. :)

Wednesday- Our morning appointment fell through, so we knocked doors. We found some great potentials and it was really awesome. :) We did mormon.org and then we went to a realllllly heavy lesson with the Jingozians. It was rough, but we gave them hope and I hope that they were able to feel the love of Christ because we were trying so hard to help them feel that. 

Thursday- Weekly planning is RIDICULOUS. Especially as sister missionaries- it takes so long. It's crazy. There isn't much to report on for the day. My companions both weren't feeling well so we weren't able to do much until dinner. We had dinner with the Zukas family! SO HAPPY. They had a non-member named Desirae over, and our dinner thought turned into a full on lesson! IT WAS AWESOME. I bore my testimony to her and it was a really spiritual experience. I love her. She's so strong. 

Friday- District meeting, lunch at Cici's. OH! BUT FIRST. We got a text from SisZim that someone had dropped off an anonymous gift for the Jingozians that she needed us to pick up. So we did. Someone donated them money and it was one of the sweetest things I have experienced. Their faces lit up. After lunch we went and helped SisZim with a painting project. It was fun and we got to spend time with one of my favorite sisters, so I was happy. :) We had dinner that night with the Jensen's (they are WONDERFUL) and then we went to the ward Christmas party! It was so fun! I love the ward I'm serving in- the people are so happy and kind. :) As Sister Reynolds was driving us home, she got pulled over- so in exchange for her ticket, we gave the cop a pass along card and it was really awesome. :)

Saturday- After morning studies we had a zone-wide lunch at the Martin's and it was really nice. We had correlation after that, then did some more training until we had dinner at the Oropeza's. I LOVE the Oropezas. They told us this story about how someone broke into their house and Brother Oropeza was a BOSS. It was a great story. 

Sunday- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT A GREAT DAY. The Jingozians came to church, and it was like God had specifically made the day just for them. Man alive- God loves His children! We had a lesson with Annie and Jared (my favorite youth! What solid kids!) and took awkward family photos, then we had dinner with the Youngs. Sister Leavitt really likes the way I tell the Patty&Linn story, so she had me tell it to them and it really helped to break some ice with them. We told pet horror stories and had a good time. :) After that we had a really good lesson with the Jingozians and it's amazing that they already know so many restored truths that they haven't even learned about yet. God is really preparing them for the gospel. We got transfer calls! I'm losing both of my companions! Sister Leavitt will be going to serve in OKC, and Sister Ott is going to Enid. It's weird. I'm staying here in Norman, and I'm getting a new companion- Sister Freeman. I'm really excited! It's going to be a great transfer!

Alright- well. I love you all so much. During this time of year, remember that Christ loves you and He came to earth for you specifically! I am so grateful for the gift of the atonement and the love of Christ I can feel in my life. Have a holly jolly week! :)


P.S.- The picture is because I fixed my shower this week and I'm really proud of it. :) Hahaha.
Have a good week y'all! :)

Email dated December 16, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment