Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Drills are Drilling?

Hello one and all! I'm so excited that it is alllllllllllllllready the Christmas season and CHRISTMAS IS THIS WEEK. What an exciting time to celebrate the birth of Christ and come closer with our friends and family!
Who knew that they would amplify the amount of construction going on in the area the closer it got to Christmas? There is construction EVERYWHERE.

Anyway.
I'll get right to the week. :)

Monday- Ah. I love P-day. What a glorious day. Knowing that both Sister Ott and Sister Leavitt were getting transferred we knew that the next two days were going to be full of packing and stress and sadness from losing one another. We did our typical P-day activities and then had dinner with the Sonne family. They had a sick child so the husband took the rest of the kids, us and the elders to McDonald's for dinner. While we were there, one of their sons thwacked his head pretty hard on the corner of a table and immediately hit the floor. There was a lot of blood and sobbing and it broke my heart that I wasn't allowed to give him a hug and comfort him! I did what I could to help and then we ate so they could leave.

Tuesday- Beautiful day. Oh man. We went to a doctor's appointment, then had lunch with the Zukas's and Desirae- our amazingly golden investigator. She is one of the most genuine and prepared people that the world has ever seen. I love her so much! She is incredibly strong, too. After meeting with her we had a lesson with the Jingozians. We had a very deep, heartfelt conversation with them and talked about the talk "Like a Broken Vessel" by Jeffrey R. Holland. That talk, right there, is one of the most amazing talks I have ever heard. I love it so much. What an inspired message. We had dinner that night with the Rex family. I really, really love them a lot. They're so funny and happy! Ah. I LOVE NORMAN.

Wednesday- Transfer day. I had to stay behind in Norman with Hermana Crockett who was sick all day, so I read to her, we chatted, I studied, and I accidentally fell asleep. But hey. It was a wonderful day! After that our companions showed up! Sister Freeman is amazing! She's a spiritual powerhouse and she's so nice! I love her. I'm excited for this transfer, she wants to work hard and so do I- we're gonna get a lot accomplished. :)

Thursday- Weekly planning. It went well! After that we had a bunch of appointments that allllllllllllllll cancelled on us. It was such a bummer. So we went and checked on different people until dinner. We had dinner with the Kunz's! I love them. :) After dinner our other appointment cancelled on us.. again, so we went home and dedicated our apartment/read a talk we were asked to read by the AP's. It was a good day. :)

Friday- Christmas Mission Conference! It was really really good. Really spiritually uplifting and happy. Also- reallllllllllly long. 9 am to 7:30 pm. It was really good and then there was a musical program! There were some really awesome performances that were done- we have some amazingly talented musicians in our mission! It was wonderful. :) After that we had correlation because the weather was gonna be bad the next day. It was successful! :)

Saturday- Okay. Man. Freezing rain is a buzz kill. Let me tell ya what. It's beautiful though. It makes everything look like it's being preserved in glass and it's really, really beautiful. We had a wonderful day. We went and visited Sister Power, who is a sister that lives in the elders area, but she's a bit of a feminist, so we get to visit her. After that we had a lesson with Desirae! It was inspired and we committed her to baptism! :D So excited! After that we had dinner with the Robertson family. They remind me sooooooooo much of the Thomsons and I absolutely love them! They're hilarious! They took us and the elders to Golden Corral- the elders were in heaven. Hahaha. After dinner we had a really good lesson with the Jingozians and got them to make some very important commitments to further their progression towards baptism! So excited. I LOVE the Jingozians so much. They really are the sweetest. Heavenly Father knew I needed to be here for them. :)

Sunday- WHAT A GREAT DAY. AHHHHHHHH. Okay so first off, DESIRAE CAME TO CHURCH. It was the best thing ever and she loved it! AH. Okay. Second off- it was just a successful day. I LOVE THIS WARD. I want to cry, I love it so much. After church we had a really good lesson with Annie and Jared. They're so great. Man. After that, we had dinner with the Davis family! I love them! They have INCREDIBLE knowledge of gospel history and deep doctrinal things and they remind me a lot of the Carlsons and I love them so much! It's so happy! After dinner we had an appointment that got cancelled, and we visited with Sister Zimmerman- who is a saint. I had been yawning a lot and trying to hide it and she asked me why I was so tired, so I told her that I wasn't sleeping well because our bedroom windows leak and my blanket wasn't that great. She gave me a quilt. Bless her heart. It's so happy. I tried to refuse it but she insisted. And I got the best night's sleep I've ever gotten last night.

Alright, well folks, I love this gospel. I know that God lives. I know that Christ lives! I know they have bodies of flesh and bone, and I know that they are our literal family. I love everything about the restoration! I love that a boy, even a boy as simple and humble as Joseph Smith, was seen as something worth so much more in the eyes of God and through his faithful diligence, he restored the original church of Jesus Christ to the earth, so that during this last dispensation we can all receive the blessings that come from the Priesthood and the atonement and all of the other important principles of the gospel. I know that we can all live with our Father again someday and I'm so excited for the glorious day! Not to say I'm excited to die. I just know that the comfort and peace that will come in that day will be unlike anything else. I am so grateful for the life of Christ! His ministry, His sacrifice, His example to us all is something I strive daily to include in my life.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and I hope you remember that Christ loves you, God loves you, and I do too. A LOT!


P.S. - That's my hand in the picture. Hahaha. Sorry if that confused any of you!

Email dated December 23, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment