Wednesday, January 29, 2014

This Week, I Met a Jesus Double.

Alrighty.


BUT before I start- I'm going to be getting transferred so I wouldn't recommend sending me anything at my Norman address after today. :)

Monday- P-DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. To be honest P-day stresses me out. A lot. You'd think, "P-day. Missionary free day. They get to relax, right?" WRONG. It is SO CRAZY. We have so much to get done! We have to wake up even earlier to make sure we get everything that we need to do done by 6pm! It's crazy. Anyway. It was a great P-day and we had dinner with the Gorshe's! I love them. After that we went and checked on some folks. It was a great day. :)

Tuesday- Oh heck! It was a great day. We had lunch with Desirae at the Zukas's and we really helped her to understand and love modern day prophets. It was awesome. I love Desirae so much! Man alive. After that we had a couple other appointments with Melissa (this awesome woman who fosters adorable puppies) and Allan. It was awesome! That night we had dinner with the Blackburns and then we went and met with a couple of our potentials.

Wednesday-We went and did an online accident report for the scratches on our car (the last ice storm damaged our car :( ) and then we went and did some tracting. We went to the Zimmerman's and Sister Zimmerman taught Sister Freeman to quilt while I talked with Julie. That night we had dinner with the Walsers! After that we went on splits (Sister Barlow was down here from the office again) so I went with Sister Zimmerman to an appointment with the Jingozians. It was kind of a rough night.

Thursday- Weekly planning took forever. But after that we had lunch and then had an awesome appointment with Desirae! We read scriptures with her and talked with her about her concerns for baptism. We're working with her and she'll be getting baptized soon, no doubt about it. :) We had dinner that night with the Nelsons! It was awesome and they're way funny. They're the kind of people that you can tell used to live in Utah.

Friday- District meeeeting. It was a great one. :) After that we went to District lunch and met a guy who had been reading the Book of Mormon before the tornado but his trailer got taken during it and with it his Book of Mormon. Apparently he was all the way in about Alma he said. So that was awesome. We had a couple appointments and then had dinner with the McAdam's. My good heavens, their kids are smarter than I am and they're half (and some a third) my age. It's incredible. The little girls were so excited we were coming for dinner that they convinced their mom to let them use the fine china and they made us little "place tags"  that said "MiSionairey." it was adorable. That night we went and met with the Jingozians again and did some tracting, then went home.

Saturday- We had a zone lunch at the Martin's house! They're so cool. After that we had a meeting with the elders we share the ward with and the zone leaders. It was a good meeting. :) After that we went out to the Thacker's. They live about a half hour out of town. It was fun going out there! Reminded me of living in Blodgett. I played with their dog a lot (poor thing was desperate for someone to just throw it a ball) and we read the talk "One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism" (LeGrand Richards) with Brother Thacker. It was great. After that we had dinner with the Ellis's. Brother Ellis served his mission in Eugene! It was crazy! We talked about all kinds of stuff because he served in Corvallis. he said he really misses Local Boyz. A lot. But then again.. who doesn't? Haha. We had a lesson that night with Allan (the Reynolds came! Love them.) and it went really well. The Reynolds were able to answer questions that my companion and I weren't quite sure how to approach. It was a great lesson.

Sunday- CHURCH. I've been in the process of crocheting a tie, so that's been what I do during my free moments (mainly, lunch) and my fingers hurt! Haha. After church (which was AWESOME) we had dinner at the Hannah's. SISTER HANNAH MADE ME PULLA. I'm so happy. She sent me home with a bag of it and I've been munching on it like crazy. So yummy. We had an awesome Fireside put on by a couple who started "Mothers without Borders" and the husband is a Jesus model for Liz Lemon Swindle.. who is legitimately one of the most talented painters I have ever seen. It was so cool to hear their stories from Zambia. Ah. What a great day.

Oh! Random sidenote: Our heater broke last night. And ya know, that wouldn't be a huge deal except the wind was blowing so hard and our windows are leaky and it was 19 degrees out last night and it blew our patio door wide open. So this morning my companion and I stalked around our apartment with a sword and some pepper spray to make sure no one had broken in. But yeah. I have been awake since about 4 this morning. What a crazy way to start P-day! (did I mean for that to rhyme? Nope. But it did anyway! :D )

Alrighty well. I love all of you so much! Remember that the Lord loves you for your weaknesses and your strengths! :)

Take care! :)

Sister Sofia Larson
Oklahoma, Oklahoma City

Email dated January 27, 2014

Once again, a reminder that Sister Larson has been permanently reassigned to the Oklahoma, Oklahoma City Mission. It is not recommended to send her any letters or packages until further notice. Once we have a current mailing address it will be posted and I will make note of it. You can still send Dear Elders and emails, just not packages. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment