Friday, March 7, 2014

"Hi, I'm Desirae. I'm amazing, and I'm a Mormon"

Once again, I'm short on time. But- I want to tell you about the highlight of my week- Desirae's baptism. It was on Saturday.

Allow me to tell you just how amazing Saturday was.. because it was incredible.

Saturday I woke up in OKC. I was on exchanges with Sister Stewart (one of our STL's) and it was awesome. We went to a lesson that morning with a woman named Chelsie, and while we were there, some Jehovah's Witnesses walked up and I happened to see them before they got to the screen door, so Sister Stewart distracted Chelsie and I walked out and introduced myself. I was very friendly.. but they weren't. But it was okay! I smiled and said "Hi! I'm Sister Larson!" And they said, "Are you the lady of the house?" And so I said, "Nope. :) I'm actually a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We're just about to have a lesson with the woman that lives here. You can join us if you'd like! Would you like to join us?" And they said, "uhhhhhhhhhhh no. Have a good day ma'am." And before they walked away, I handed them a pass along card and went back inside. :)

It was incredible. After our awesome lesson with Chelsie, we headed back to Midwest City and exchanged back. I missed my Panion. We ate a quick lunch and drove up to The Village to get Sister Leavitt. Sister Ellis went with Sister Chevalier back to Midwest City, and SisLeav and I went down to Norman! It was such a party. Oh my heck. 

We got to the Norman building and Sister Freeman (my other old companion) was there with her trainee, and we swapped stories and talked and then Sister Leavitt and I went and practiced our musical number. Desirae showed up not too long after and I have never been more excited to see someone. Words cannot express how much I love Desirae. I gave her the biggest hug ever and we talked about how things have been since I was transferred and she was crying, which was kind of sad. She kept saying, "I miss how you teach and I miss laughing in lessons!" and then she said that her lessons now are more serious and doctrinal and less loving and personal. So that was sad. But she's doing great and I'm so excited for her. The baptism begun, and it was amazing. 

My favorite Norman folks were there- the Zukas family, the Zimmermans, Sister Reynolds, Desirae, Sister Freeman, Elder Tripp, and the Humphreys. I was ecstatic. After Desirae was baptized, Sister Leavitt and I did our musical number- she played piano and I sang- a medley of "Nearer My God to Thee" and "I Feel My Savior's Love". It went pretty good! Sister Leavitt is a bossssss at piano. After the baptism we went to dinner at the Zukas's house- happiest thing ever. Felt like I was at a family dinner! AND there was a bulldog there that was the funniest dog I've EVER seen in my life. His name was Max. And we're best friends now.

Anyway- we got back home right before curfew.. and it was an amazing day. Words cannot express how happy I am that I got to experience Desirae's baptism.
And with that- I must get going. But I love you all and I'm so appreciative of the support I receive from you! Never forget how much you mean to me, the Lord, and those who surround you!

Sister Sofia Larson
Oklahoma, Oklahoma City

Email dated February 24, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment